[sf-lug] Meeting of 16 September 2013 and some barely related topics,

jim jim at systemateka.com
Fri Sep 20 12:49:55 PDT 2013

    One aspect of Jason's problem that I've
seen before is that of the enthusiastic
friend, who, in this case, set up Jason's
computer for him because he, the friend, was
expert. This friend created an encrypted
directory or filesystem and somehow he and/or
Jason got balled up with Jason now in a bind.
    The friend seems no longer to be available
to help out.
    I think it is risky to let someone else
set up your machine for you. Better to ask
them to tell you what you should do, no
matter how painful the process.