[sf-lug] my new enormous laptop

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Sep 17 11:07:35 PDT 2013

Thanks, Ken,

    I'm inclined to stick with Evolution, but
that's out of laziness.
    Do you know of any significant tradeoff
issues that distinguish either Evolution or
Thunderbird email functionality as superior?
(I don't use the contact or calendar or other
features, just client email.)

    Just to confirm: you used a text editor
to create a file
/usr/share/indicators/messages/applications/evolution
that contained a single line of text
"/usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop"
with the result that right-clicking the
envelope icon showed a choice for evolution.
yes?