[sf-lug] getting closer but not sure what to do

Jason Kirk jasonedwardkirk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 19:59:18 PDT 2013

I got the following info on my problem of not being able to log in my
regular user account on Ubuntu 11.10 as it give me the error message
unable to start session "Ubuntu"

here's what I tried in a sysresccd terminal window:

root at sysresccd /root % sudo mv ~/.Xauthority ~/.Xauthority.old
zsh: correct 'sudo' to '_sudo' [nyae]? y
_arguments:comparguments:312: can only be called from completion function
root at sysresccd /root % ln -s "$XAUTHORITY" ~/.Xauthority
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/root/.Xauthority': File exists
root at sysresccd /root % ls -l "$XAUTHORITY" ~/.Xauthority
-rw------- 1 root root 103 Jun 25 19:28 /root/.Xauthority
-rw------- 1 root root 103 Jun 25 19:28 /root/.Xauthority
root at sysresccd /root %

Also, I am not sure that my user account "jek" still even exists...how
can I check that?

Thanks for the help so far.

Jason