[sf-lug] WiFi problem

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Fri Jun 14 13:14:07 PDT 2013

Simple google search for y our card seems to point to install madwifi.  It
seems to be suggestions for a few of the same problems people are facing.

Try installing madwifi, rebooting and seeing if that changes anything?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Bobbie Sellers <
bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:

>         Hi LUGgers,
>                 Well I have an Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x/ AR542x
> Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01) and it works Ok with the
> PCLOS ISO running in Live mode.
>         But of course I installed this to hard disk and now it tells
> me that it cannot create a Network interface to the driver, apparently
> ath5k.
>         Of course I could do a full re-install and hope that helps
> while I wait thru over a thousand updates from online.
>
>         But maybe someone has a better idea.
>
>         bliss

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.