[sf-lug] creating Windows 7 installation USB from Linux, no good

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 20:43:38 PDT 2013

Hi to all,
Just short note, I had to take brake, however I  tried few other staff without success. I will post my newest attempts today ...

However I'm starting to wonder what are the chances that there are some hardware issues with this particular USB? I plan to take step back and turn it first to Ubuntu Life distro, if it works that should mostly rule out the hardware problem option and I will move back to ntfs formating and Windows install staff.

By the way I used WinUSB utiliity which claimed successfully install everything (after I did terminal based ntfs file system creation - successful one ...) but it did not booted just went directly to my Ubuntu distro.

Sincerely,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker