[sf-lug] SF LUG meeting of Monday May 20, 2013 & the next day.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu May 23 13:27:28 PDT 2013

     Hi Luggers,
             This was a very mixed sort of meeting.
     Only Eric attended aside from myself.
     I was unableto get to the WiFi and spent a lot of
time working on that.  Eric tried to help but the
WiFi chip on my Compaq refused to turn on with the
installed OS.  I booted up with Mageia 3and with Knoppix
  it worked very well on both systems.
     Eric was having a problem with his Nexus and trying
to get the GPS system to work in the Cafe Enchante but
as soon as he moved to the street it began to work.

     We left about 8 PM and rode the 38 back to downtown.

I got home about 8:40 PM and the WiFi worked very well
here at home.  But then I found another problem in that my
/ partition was full.  I went to sleep on that problem and the
nextday sorted it out pretty wellmakingone other partition
smaller and creating two new partitions in the space available.
To get this started I had to boot from the installation disk
to access a partition editor then with the installed OS running
had to remount the new partitionsand the system had to reformat
and copy the contents of the two relevant directories to the
new partitions. Note that I say the system did that for me.
I ended up with a manageable / partition but still don't understand
why it filled up on me.

     Bobbie Sellers