[sf-lug] Hardware for a Linux-based media hub

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Sun May 19 14:07:31 PDT 2013

Well... as far as I can tell you cannot do netflix without some windows
emulation, running a vmware + windows install or other abomination... so
taking that out of the equation...

If you want a cheap media box, why not look at rasebery PI? they have a
really decent video card.. I believe you can do 720p with it.

a simple search on google (first hit, didn't really look at it too closely)

http://lifehacker.com/5929913/build-a-xbmc-media-center-with-a-35-raspberry-pi

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Ehud Kaldor <ehud.kaldor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm looking for a cheap mini computer to use as a media hub. The kind that
> connects to your TV over HDMI and your network, and let's you watch local
> videos, as well as connecting to Netflix and the likes.
> Any recommendations? The only thing I seem to find are android based ones
> which I don't like, or expensive ones.

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.