[sf-lug] Meeting of Sunday 5 May 2013

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun May 5 14:57:27 PDT 2013

Hi LUGgers,
     Wish you had been there.
      I arrived at the Cafe Enchante about 10:40 AM
   Got machine set up with no problems and got the magazines
set out which attracted the attention of another customer waiting for
a takeout order.
     He stated that he was a Linux administrator but had never been
to a UG meeting.  Before he headed off with the ordered food I persuaded
him to take one of our book marks with the contact information. Perhaps
we will hear from him again though it may be that Linux administration
during working hours is quite enough for him.

     Shortly after his departure Ken Schaeffer and his wife showed up
then we were graced a few moments later with the presence of Jim
Stockford.
     Ken and Jim got into an interesting discussion of the problems
that Ken has had with setting up UEFI machinery.
     While they talked I continued to work at my private interests
making a couple of posts to various Usenet newsgroups.
I am also exploring Slimboat V. 1.1.29 which is an alternative browser
provided with PCLinux OS.  It seems quite capable and is happy
enough to run with Firefox. I loaded my Firefox bookmarks into
it and continued to use this new browser throughout the meeting.
It lacks apparently the ability of Firefox to create a private window
but has some extensive privacy featuresto eliminate history in various
ways.
  Eric showed up a bit after 12:30 and seemed to enjoy looking at
last months    Linux Pro magazine but believed he had absorbed all
he was interested in.
     I deposited a couple of older magazines on a table with the book
marks for the group with contact information which I will be doing for
a few months into the future to get rid of these magazines which have
exceed my storage space and which with the book marks may bring
some new members into our ken.
     At 1:00 PM we left and Eric, Jim and i proceed to vist an independent
art gallery and workshop, Frankenart on Balboa Street.  The current
project is production of clothing for export to nations where most of
our clothing is manufactured.  Go the website below for further information.
     <http://www.frankenartmart.com/>
     After that Eric and Jim dropped me off at my apartment house.

Bobbie Sellers