[sf-lug] Introduction....

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Sat Apr 27 14:55:06 PDT 2013

Hi All,

   I stopped by one of the meetings last week, and I think I met a few
folks from here.  Maestory and Joseph maybe?

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm Samir, I mainly use Linux for
work (Software Devel)  and play for the past 12 years or so (According
to distro watch).  My first distro was caldera before they turned all
evil on us.

Caldera 2.4 was pretty awesome.. something about having a pacman game
during the installation process was pretty slick.

I just moved to SF recently, and I'm hoping to stop by a bit more
frequently....especially since noisebridge seems so active.  It seems
to have a lot more events going on and a lot more organized then a lot
of the hackerspaces I was involved with.

The meeting I attended was pretty laid back,one of those.. bring you
stuff over.. we'll try to figure out whatever is not working.

I was just wondering what sort of audience we usually have.. and maybe
topics / presentation that might draw some interests?

The other questions I had..

1.  I think Maestory mention something about a list that includes a
few more lugs in the area?  I'm aware of BerklyTipGlobal, BALUG, and
SFLUG and i'm sure there's a few more in south bay and easty bay.  I'd
love to see a list that's .... the ring to bind them all sort of
thing? an announcement list to all the lugs in the area?

2.  I moved here from Chicago originally, and I was a bit surprised at
some of the lack of organization for concrete events.  (That or i'm
not looking where I should).  I'm not aware of any Linux themed user
conferences.... barcamps..  or a FLOSS oriented dev camp of sorts?

Anyways..I plan to make a more regular appearance @ Noisebridge and
hopefully meet a few more properly geek folks.

--
Samir Faci
*insert title*

Sent from my non-iphone laptop.