[sf-lug] how can we use leapmotion with linux?

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:40:19 PDT 2013

I borrowed an OS X computer to develop.

Unfortunately I can't share details of the developer program, but
there are Linux drivers that will probably be released before May.
I'll email the list when this happens.

I can share the data I collected. These are the JSON files that I
recorded off the device. They include all the 3-D and orientation
information as well as fingertip positions.

https://github.com/syntagmatic/leap-play/tree/master/data/gestures

All of my open-source JavaScript examples are in that directory as well.

Supported languages are C++, C#, Objective-C, Python, Java,
JavaScript, and Unity.

The device uses two cameras and three infrared emitters, with some
onboard processing. You can find YouTube videos of early dev kits that
don't have the shiny casing.

http://youtu.be/LY3Ya__6BHw?t=2m42s

I'd also be happy to bring the device to user group meetup when the
Linux drivers are released.