[sf-lug] Linus say no change to Kernel to ease MS signing

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:47:01 PST 2013

^ i am frequently confused as to why beings don't 'wipe' the hard drive
completely before installing whatever flavor linux they crave when not
wanting to run windows on another partition of the same box...

^ 1. it wipes the hard drive of all jankee windows files and 'crap'

^ 2. you can run a piece of software (forget name in this moment and some
see as overkill) that is open source and 'scrubs' the hard drive completely
of everything...

^ 3. when you install the linux on the 'naked' drive your machine loves
you, rolls on its back and awaits a tummy rub...

message ends

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Bobbie Sellers <
bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:

>     i wrote none of the following but am repeating it for the
> informative content.
>     I have looked at the URL and it contains some remarks by Linus
> Torvalds and some interpretation of his words as well as commentary
> from other parties.
>     Bobbie
>
> The rants of Linux creator Linus Torvalds often become public through
> the Linux Kernel Mailing List archive.
>
> The latest example comes from an argument between Torvalds and other
> Linux developers over whether the Linux kernel should include code that
> makes it easier to boot Linux on Windows PCs. This goes back to
> Microsoft requiring that PCs designed to run Windows 8 use UEFI firmware
> with the Secure Boot feature enabled. This has complicated the process
> of booting Linux on PCs that shipped with Windows 8, but it hasn't
> prevented people from doing so. There are workarounds, but some people
> are looking for a solution in the Linux kernel itself.
>
> http://arstechnica.com/**information-technology/2013/**
> 02/linus-torvalds-i-will-not-**change-linux-to-deep-throat-**microsoft/<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/02/linus-torvalds-i-will-not-change-linux-to-deep-throat-microsoft/>

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*