[sf-lug] crowdfunding tool for open source projects

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 14:20:23 PST 2013

here's an interesting idea:

-------- Original Message --------

------------------
Just wanted to let you know that the beta of www.catincan.com -
crowdfunding for *existing* open source projects, has launched.

2 Big Things:
1. All Catincan fees will be waived for the first 6 months for all projects.
2. The first 25 projects that have a new feature funded will have the
10% successful funding *fee waived for life*.

If you know any developer that has an open source project and could
use some funding, please pass this along so they can be one of the first 25
as well.

Last, we just want to be clear that on Catincan, only developers
on existing open source projects can put new features up for
crowdfunding. Users can of course send you messages to request features,
but developers remain 100% in control of their projects. We just want to
help more open source projects grow and thrive.