[sf-lug] xterm tek scope example

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:34:11 PST 2013

Jim,
/usr/share/doc/plotutils/tek2plot should have some more demos, like the
usmap.tek (compressed).  Easy to run from
the tek terminal, just zcat the file.
I haven't done much with the tek terminal myself, just one more thing that
makes xterm so big.  I do use the font changer menu for xterms pretty
regularly, but that's about it.  When teaching using a projected terminal,
I liked to make the font big enough to be easily seen by the pupils in the
back row.  Or just a little chfnt script:
MYFNT=${1-8x16}
echo -n -e "\033]50;$MYFNT\007"

Ken