[sf-lug] www.sf-lug.org & sf-lug.org - not looking so good on The Internet

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 5 19:28:44 PST 2013

Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):

> I think I fixed it at about 7 PM PST Tuesday 20130205. The service web
> site says it may take up to 24 hours to propagate; in my experience we
> should see the change within a couple of hours.

That's because you have the DNS information's TTL set to 7200 seconds =
2 hours, by the way.  (Don't forget, that's within your control, too.)

Both of your authoritative nameservers now have the DNS change you made,
so you're in effect just waiting for people's cached DNS data (if any) to
exceed Time To Live.

$ dig -t ns sf-lug.org. +short
ns42.worldnic.com.
ns41.worldnic.com.