[sf-lug] looking fruitlessly for SHA256sum

Jeff Bragg jackofnotrades at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:19:04 PST 2013

I think openssl should be able to do that.  I think something like 'openssl
dgst -sha256 /path/to/file' will generate the checksum; check the man page,
but I'd be surprised if it's not supported (it is on Ubuntu 10.04, fwiw).

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Bobbie Sellers <
bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:

>      Well Luggers,
>         I downloaded Fedora 18 .isos one with KDE and the other with
> some other desktop environment and need to make sure the .isos
> are good but my distro does not have a version of SHA256sum
> nor have I been able to locate a site with an .rpm or other file
> for Mandriva or any other version which I can download to check
> those .iso files.
>
>     Thanks for your attention.
>
>     Bobbie Sellers

There Are More Than Two Ways To Do It