[sf-lug] SF-LUG today: book giveway & CDs/DVDs/ISOs

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:14:02 PST 2013

I should actually be making it to SF-LUG this evening.
Hopefully I won't be late getting there, but I may be.
In any case, I've a review copy book to give away too.
I'll also have CDs/DVDs/ISOs available:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc

Friday I received review copies of two of each of the books noted
further below.  I'll do my more-or-less usual of generally giving away
one per User Group as I make it to the various User Group meetings, and
looks like I'll actually be making it to SF-LUG today, so that's first
up on my calendar.

Ubuntu Unleashed 2013 Edition: Covering 12.10 and 13.04, 8th Edition
By Matthew Helmke
Published Dec 5, 2012 by Sams.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
Pages: 888
Edition: 8th
Book
ISBN-10: 0-672-33624-3
ISBN-13: 978-0-672-33624-9
http://www.informit.com/title/0672336243

DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices
By Kyle Rankin
Published Nov 13, 2012 by Addison-Wesley Professional.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
Pages: 240
Edition: 1st
Book
ISBN-10: 0-321-83204-3
ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83204-7
http://www.informit.com/title/0321832043

references/excerpts (partially redacted):