[sf-lug] Big progress on launchpad's bug number one

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:19:35 PST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> > One of the biggest challenges for free software is bringing money into
> > FOSS communities.
>
> This is the traditional excuse for pretty much every grab of user
> privacy and money.  E.g., Canonical has trotted it out repeatedly.

I am pretty happy with Canonical's behavior, over all.  They are not
perfect, but then again, who is perfect?  Richard Stallman?  How is the
FOSS community going to achieve mass adoption? Mass adoption is important
to me, because when Linux is mainstream, I won't be forced to use Microsoft
Windows when I am in my employer's office.