[sf-lug] Fwd: Which Motherboards for new Ubuntu install

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Dec 28 12:53:39 PST 2012

On 12/28/2012 09:49 AM, Ken Shaffer wrote:
> Same question was just asked on Slashdot:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/story/12/12/28/163211/ask-slashdot-linux-friendly-motherboard-manufacturers
> As several people noted, many obsolete hardware lists exist.  A
> relevant point was "How much is your time worth?', when you can buy a
> Dell server with Linux for $599.
> Ken

     Well one way to learn more is to figure out which main boards sound
good
to you then download the manual for those boards.

     Reminded of this as I try to reseach a laptop BIOS/UEFI on an HP
Pavilion
computer with the Insyde F.12 BIOS.  It sells with Windows 8 so I know that
it has Secure Boot enabled.  Trying to make sure it can be reset to Legacy
Boot.

     Good luck with your research on the mainboards.

     Bobbie