[sf-lug] Running Linux in a browser under Win7

jim jim at systemateka.com
Wed Dec 26 12:33:40 PST 2012

    Can you expand your use case? I don't get the
phrase "running Linux in a browser".
    I can get accessing a Linux system with a browser,
but it seems to me a browser pretty much makes a
connection to a web server on the remote host.
    I suppose someone could make an app that turns
the browser into a terminal window.
    Seems possible, thouoh less likely, that someone
would create a "desktop environment" as a
web-accessible app (for example,your web browser
takes on the appearance and functionality of a Gnome
or KDE or...).
    In both of the above cases, any actions you would
kick off would act on the remote host. Seems poor
(and possibly impossible) design to allow much to
happen on your local machine.