[sf-lug] Recommendations for home Internet

Ted Strzalkowski tedski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 06:50:32 PST 2012

I'm also a Sonic customer and have been very happy with them over the past
3.5 years.  The modem rental is required, the use of their modem is not
required.  You can no longer get a dry pair (just data, no voice) from
Sonic, therefore the taxes are unavoidable regardless if you will use the
voice service.

This goes without saying with any DSL provider, but check your wire
distance from the CO.  It will greatly affect whether you get 2 mbps or 20
mbps.

Ted