[sf-lug] Recommendations for home Internet

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:08:11 PST 2012

+1 for sonic: excellent customer support for Linux and pro-consumer
policies.   Recently sonic sent a technician from Sonoma to fix a
problem I had.    They are partnering with Google to bring fiber the
last mile, and if you're lucky, you might win that lottery.   I have
been a sonic customer for years and have nothing but good experiences
to report except for one thing:

chaiken at bolt ;-) uname -a
Linux bolt.sonic.net 2.4.37.5 #1 SMP Mon Aug 17 10:15:36 PDT 2009 i686 unknown
chaiken at bolt ;-) uptime
 19:07:50 up 432 days,  7:56, 44 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.80, 0.78

That's the shell account they provide me with, which works pretty well
given that it's *2.4.37*!

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)                       {she-devel.com,