[sf-lug] ERROR: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:26:06 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks so much to all who replied to my question.  Thanks to your
collective wisdom, I have been able to re-connect to the Microsoft Windows
server.  Here is how I did it.

cje at rb:~$ rdesktop -g1280x1024 -a16 -ken-us -xl 165.165.165.165:3389

The IP address is obviously not 165.165.165.165.  I changed that number
because I was not sure if it is okay to put an IP address up on the
Internet.

So thanks again to everyone who replied!  I continue to be amazed that even
a simple end user like myself with very limited skills is able to overcome
some very daunting (to me) technical issues with the help of people who are
not even in the same room or even the same city.  I find that to be very
moving, and thank you all very much.

Next time I go into my boss's Microsoft Windows server, I will try Rick
Moen's suggestion to drop the :3389 from the end and see what happens.  I
will report back to you here.  Thx again to all.