[sf-lug] Grub question

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Mar 25 18:01:47 PDT 2012

Eric Walstad writes:
> I just read that there are three possible "recovery" destinations with
> grub2.  I don't know which one I'm landing in, I'll pay closer
> attention next time this happens.

If it gets to be too annoying, keep in mind that you don't have to
use grub2. Grub1 has gotten a bit difficult to install lately
(last time I tried to install it on a Debian system, it installed
a half-grub1 half-grub2 monstrosity that didn't work; Ubuntu may
be better) but extlinux is nice and simple and easy to deal with.
I converted my machines to extlinux late last year, and wrote a
howto here: http://shallowsky.com/blog/linux/install/extlinux.html

	...Akkana