[sf-lug] Grub question

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Sat Mar 24 15:11:46 PDT 2012

I have a linux box that functions as a remote weather station.  Long
story short, sometimes it gets powered off a few times in a row
without doing a proper shutdown.  I think that is what is causing Grub
to boot into a maintenance shell, which means I have to drive to the
remote site to attach a keyboard and monitor and type 'reboot' to get
it to go through the normal bootup.

I'm working on the problem of ensuring a clean shutdown when power is
about to go away, but in the mean time, do any of you know how to keep
Grub from behaving this way?  I'd rather it always boot when power is
applied.

Thanks!

Eric