[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday, March 19

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 12 17:55:31 PDT 2012

     SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard so a week
from today we are getting together.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 6 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Last meeting was Eric (not the regular attendee but a new
guy who had met Jim Stockford at the previous meeting, Ken Schaeffer
and his wife and myself.
     Ken is really good at dealing with problems at the CLI level
and helped myself and Eric with problems we were having.

     Seems like my 3 year old Compaq Presario notebook
is getting flaky.  The keyboard surround has lost a hold-down
and is warping radically.  I have ordered a replacement which
so far is the most expensive part I have gotten for this notebook.

     I will have the latest Linux Pro magazine and the DVD of the
month is CentOS 6.2.  I have the live disks for the Ubuntu with
Trinity desktop and Netrunner 4.1 with Kernel of 3+ and KDE
7.1 if that sort of thing interests anyone.

     Hope to see you at the meeting.
     Bobbie Sellers