[sf-lug] LAMP tutorial

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 14 15:00:47 PST 2012

L...inux
A...pache
M...ySql
P... I believe originally meant PHP, but that meaning has
been forgiven a bit to mean something like "P languages",
which some people limit to PHP or Perl. Python, despite
its importance in Linux configuration, seems neglected in
web application work, at least as I've found.

    Seems to me that a lot of LAMP prowess has to do with
configuring and tuning the linux kernel and a variety of
libs and mods and such, which is a lot.
    And configuring Apache seems to be a whole career.
    And database design is probably two or three careers.
    And programming....

    There are Python frameworks and such along the lines of
Django
WSGI
CubicWeb
Pylons
http://docs.python.org/howto/webservers.html

    I'd like to know of a python tool or framework or whatever
that someone loves a lot.