[sf-lug] Dell 2001FP monitor not working with Ubuntu 10.04

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:01:30 PST 2012

hi,

I am running Ubuntu 10.04.  I am trying to hook up a Dell 2001FP monitor to
it.  The monitor is very new.  No signs of damage to the monitor.  It was
new in its box, but I got it as a gift from someone else.  When I hook up
the VGA cable and the USB cable to the 10.04 box, the monitor shows its
usual splash screen, and then shows the Dell self test feature check, which
performs normally, displaying a red, green, blue and white test box on the
screen, but it otherwise does not work with any Ubuntu machine.  Any
suggestions welcome.