[sf-lug] filesystem for a 3TB external USB drive

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Jan 3 10:05:21 PST 2012

    nice tho'ts, josh: thanks!

    here's a wrinkle to the discussion in the form of a question:

what is a filesystem?

    i've occasionally presented the question to engineers and
gurus and been surprised at the large proportion of answers
that were disoriented and massively incomplete (e.g. "a
filesystem has a root directory and subdirectories and files
stored in those various directories" -- note that such an
answer gives no clue as to the differences between filesystems).