[sf-lug] installing a Canon "i560" photo printer, on : eeebuntu and/or Ubuntu 6.06

Mikki McGee mikkimc at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 4 13:23:42 PST 2011

Hello, All;

    Well, maybe I am learning --- maybe.

    A friend just donated a Canon 'i560' to my collection of antique,
out of date equipment.

    My previous plan, previous to the printer dying, was to wait until
Ubuntu 12.x lts came out and wait a month for the issue to be settled,
then have either Zareason or some expert bring my systems up to date
with a laser printer, or replace all.   Now I have two old systems, and
a printer that neither seem to support.

    Has anyone had experience installing the "i560" on Ubuntu 6.06 or
eeeBuntu, or a similar system, and/or advice about it?    I have become
leery of trying to "wing it."

    I probably can wing it with the double-boot Windows XP ( vs.
U6.06),  but prefer not to use Windows at all,  except in dire emergency.

    The on line information may someday become intelligible to me . . . .

Bless All

Mikki