[sf-lug] alternatives to ubuntu?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 12:32:12 PST 2011

Hi to all,
Well I've met/heard one person saying he likes the new Ubuntu distro with unity, one no more. To  be honest, I think that this change will be quite a big hit for Ubuntu community.

I've one question. I do wonder what are the disadvantages of sticking to Lucid Lynx10.04 long term supported version (till April 2013)? I would like to know, because I'm planning downgrading my system Natty Narwhal 11.04 to that one, hoping to live in piece for another year and half ...  What are  the disadvantages of such move? What are advantages?

Thanks,

Frantisek

PS I'm just baking my first bread :-))