[sf-lug] Help Occupy Oakland get electricity, lights, Linux etc. Daytime. 6-8pm = vote gnl assembly. Tday Sun 11/13

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Nov 13 05:31:41 PST 2011

A great bunch of wonderful people.  I've been by a few hours the past
few weeks.

I'm working to help them get holiday light strings on every tent - that
will make it safer to walk around the tents, look brighter & more
inviting, & beautiful.

Bring a string of holiday lights to donate - even a 99 cent one is
great.  :)
Donate an extension cord.

Donate a 7" Coby tablet running android linux, $88 this week at frys, -
would be
great help to the media/web/network people, if you've got that much
money.

14th & Broadway, heart of the business district, right outside city
hall.  14 th  st BART station.

The police stole their bike electric generator - like this one also
stolen by the police in SF, IIRC.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/13/occupysf_bofh_protest_pedal_power/

You ( everyone there) gets to vote in the general assembly meeting about
6-8pm.
www.occupyoakland.org
- see the calendar for event times.

They are facing eviction at any moment by the powers that be. But they
are very resilient ,  &  bringing lights & linux will help them out.

Whatever your skills are, they will be useful.  :)

Oakland is my home town.  If u can't make it here, help your local
Occupy people.
http://www.occupytogether.org/actions/

[I haven't even made it up to Cal's new event, yet.]

Bring the kids.
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2011/11/08/a-mom-goes-to-occupy-oakland-with-her-7-year-old-twins/

More news
http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2011-11-12
http://www.dailycal.org/

I hope to see you there.  :)

-
 This email written & sent from a Lenovo android linux tablet.

==  Smartphone Debian:  http://wiki.debian.org/Smartphone
Join in the Global monthly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture