[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:24:37 PDT 2011

hi,

My comments are in line below.  Basically, I have been able to access
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 in a window with the BASH command given
below, but I would like to be able to toggle between full screen mode and
the window once it is open, without having to go to the BASH shell.  Does
anyone know how to do this?  Thx in advance

rm ~/.rdesktop/licence* && rdesktop rds.otherlawfirm.com -g 1152x864 -a 16
 -k en-us

I tried googling

toggle between full screen mode and a window in Ubuntu 10.04 opened from
terminal

and was taken to this page

http://www.geertvancompernolle.be/myjoomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82:changing-some-settings-in-ubuntu-1004-lts&catid=2:linux&Itemid=18

which says that the terminal shell uses F11 by default to toggle between
full screen and window mode, but that didn't seem to work for me.  When I
click on the window with the terminal shell, hitting F11 does indeed toggle
between full screen mode and window mode, but the same is not true for the
window which contains the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 session.
 Instead, nothing at all happens when I am in the window mode with the
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 session and I hit F11.  I have poked around
with other F keys, but no luck.  Thanks in advance!