[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

jason stone jasonstone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:44:21 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> cje at cje-desktop:~$ tsclient -v
>   Terminal Server Client for GNOME
>   a frontend for rdesktop
>   tsclient version 0.150
> cje at cje-desktop:~$

OK.  This is up to date for Lucid.

>> I would suggest that you try connecting with tsclient with minimal
>> information plugged into the interface.
>
> I only put in the information approved by our tech support guys.

Indeed.  I put in place holders-- I'm not sure what your user or
server names are and you should replace my examples with your own.  My
suggestion is not putting in much information in the interface and
then putting in your details when prompted at the MS Windows login
prompt.

>> What version of Windows are you connecting to?
>
> Not sure.  The virtual server was just recently installed, less than 60
> days.  So it is probably relatively current.  Many of the end users in the
> office are using Microsoft Windows 7.  My machine is dual-booted with XP and
> 10.04

The version of Windows that you are connecting to may very well make a
difference.  Dual booting should not.

I've used tsclient in a couple different MS environments without
issue.  Please note that if you still have custom rdesktop configs in
place, they can interfere with tsclient since tsclient depends on
rdesktop.

-jason