[sf-lug] Ubuntu on a stick

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:24:24 PDT 2011

hi,

My employer has said I am going to be able to move my work computer to a
dual-boot Linux and Microsoft Windows.  The machine is from 2010 and has no
CD-ROM, so I am going to have to boot off of a USB stick.  More precisely, I
am planning to use my Android phone (Motorola Droid 3) as the USB stick.
 Does that seem unwise to anyone?  I carry my Android phone with me
everywhere, so I thought it would be nice to always have a Linux distro with
me everywhere without having to carry a separate USB stick.  I plan to use
Ububntu 10.04, download it to the Microsoft Windows XP hard drive, and then
move it to the Motorola Droid 3.  Thx in advance.