[sf-lug] Domain Registrations

jim jim at well.com
Thu Aug 11 09:06:06 PDT 2011

    I started out using network solutions but have
changed over to using joker. I prefer the model
that the registrar of my domain names is __NOT__
the same enterprise as that which hosts my stuff
(and mostly I host my stuff, but I've seen a lot
of people who are trapped into a hosting service
because they can't move their domain names to
another registrar--e.g. the person who set things
up is no longer available and the registrar
refuses to work with anyone not currently named
in their account records).