[sf-lug] Sonic.net + APs

Femtoghoti femtoghoti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:59:36 PDT 2011

As a sonic.net customer, their support is solid and they are
very knowledgeable about what they ... and what you are trying to do as
well.  Being Lunix friendly they don't look at you like you have a third eye
if you let them know what you are doing.

thumbs up here

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Sonic.net is incredibly community friendly. I'm sure if we invited them to
> speak they'd be delighted, and it will give us an opportunity to express to
> them the appreciation that I, for one, feel for their unwavering support of
> Linux.
>

> On 08/04/2011 01:55 AM, Grant Bowman wrote:
>
>> We had a good discussion at noisebridge.net last night about the
>> choice of home ISP, specifically who to use instead of AT&T. Sonic.net
>> seems to have had the most vocal support.
>>
>> We also briefly discussed that wifi capability (access points or APs)
>> can be added to any Internet connection with some minimal hardware and
>> know how. I recommend hardware that runs Openwrt.org if possible. The
>> list of supported devices is http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/**start<http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start>
>> including (but not limited to) the good, old (non-n) WRT54GL. There
>> are a lot more devices to choose from now.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Grant

> --
> Michael Shiloh
> KA6RCQ
> www.teachmetomake.com
> teachmetomake.wordpress.com
> Interested in classes? Join http://groups.google.com/**
> group/teach-me-to-make <http://groups.google.com/group/teach-me-to-make>

"A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk."
- Mark Oliver Everett