[sf-lug] Meeting Sunday May 1st 2011

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun May 1 14:47:04 PDT 2011

Hi LUGers,
          I got to the Cafe Enchante at about 10:55 AM,
John Strazzarino was there already at a good table.
   Ken Schaffer showed up with an Amiga emulation running
on his MSI netbook.
	I got my notebook setup and we hoped to see
more individuals

           It was after 1200 when Jim Stockford turned up.

     Ken Schaefer brought along his MSI netbook to the
SF-LUG meetings and showed off his Knoppix Light Amiga
emulation running on the box and even using Final Writer
and showed us an illustration in Hold and Modify graphics
  mode.

     Ken had to hack the Knoppix to look for a
more appropriate X configuration but Amiga Forever
logo and the start bar seemed to be natural to the
very small screen.  For those unfamiliar with the
product Amiga Forever is an emulation meant to run
on Windows XP but it comes with a Knoppix Light
version of UAE as well on the same AF cd.

	All in all a very good meeting and
the time flew past until just before 1 PM we
broke up.  Jim gave me a ride home.

	later
	Bobbie Sellers