[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meeting of Monday April 18, 2011

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Apr 23 09:48:22 PDT 2011

Hi LUGers

   Got to the Cafe about 1740. Alex and Jim Stockford
  had arrived ahead of me.  Jim's health seems to be
restored.
           We had two new participants at the meeting
both technically skilled having worked in various
facets of the industry Eric and Al(?), Jeff showed up
later.    Eric was also an excellent salesman for
various firms.
           It seemed everyone but myself helped Eric
with a problem with shutting off the touch pad
on his big notebook.

	I got my notebook booted up with the
MacPup 5.20 and it certainly seems worthwhile
being able to save its prefs and other stuff
back to the boot medium or to a file on the
installed hard disk.  Tried to create a
USB Flash drive boot mediun but have not
yet found the time to test it.

           2000 meeting over and Alex seemed to be giving
Jeff a ride home,  Jim gave myself and the two new
members a ride home.     Eric saved me a problem
as he brought out my power adapter for the notebook.

	later
	bobbie