[sf-lug] tonight, wed 20110316, at noisebridge 6 to 8, linux on a tablet

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 17 04:21:45 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:20 AM, jim <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:
> Hiya,
>    tonight, at noisebridge, the linux discussion
> group meets from 6 to 8 PM (as usual, every wednesday
> evening): someone promises to bring a tablet that's
> running linux!
>
>    noisebridge is located at 2169 mission street
> between 17th and 18th streets on the third floor.
> press the button in the gate (to the left of the
> fruit market) if the gate is closed.
> http://www.noisebridge.net

Hiya Jim,

We had a full meeting last night. I enjoyed it.

I helped a bit with that installation last week, installing a daily
build of Ubuntu 11.04 that will be released at the end of April. It
was fun but we had some issues getting the soft keyboards working. We
mostly used a USB keyboard.  I didn't get a chance to see what
progress he made this week.

I uploaded new natty daily snapshots at pony.local/~grantbow for folks
at noisebridge.net to try if they feel adventurous. This version uses
a newer Unity Gnome v2.x shell (newer than the Unity version used for
the Ubuntu 10.10 netbook edition) as the default for the desktop
version. The netbook edition for Intel machines has been removed.
Upstart has some nice sounding features this release, moving further
away from older style init scripts. For information on other changes
in the upcoming Ubuntu version check out
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/TechnicalOverview

Cheers,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam