[sf-lug] Are there really such frequent updates to Firefox?

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 16 10:40:15 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 10:03 AM, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> I do an upgrade pretty much every day, and catch something every
> couple of days.
>
> I'm surprised at how often Firefox gets updates. Is it really
> undergoing so many changes, or is some plugin tricking it into
> thinking it's the wrong version?
>
> I did switch to some beta release awhile ago, but now I'm mainstream,
> I think:
>
> Ubuntu 10.10, Firefox 3.6.16pre

     Mandriva PowerPack 2010.2, Firefox 3.6.15.

     Firefox 4.x.x in strong beta so yes they update as often as
practical for the system.

     I am getting 127 packages of updates to various parts of
Mandriva as I type this.

     Also got the new Linux Pro magazine and it come with
an Eco disk more flexible and lighter than the normal DVDs
we have been seeing and on that disk is Mandriva Free 2010.2.

     People who are interested ask me why I run Mandriva Powerpack.
In the USA the recording part of the entertainment industry insists
on various protections on the DVDs such as Region codes and other
items.  They have licensed MS to provide these and maybe Apple
as well.  By getting the Powerpack and paying for it I get the license
from a company called Fluendo so that I can play entertainment
DVDs on my computer.

     But...

     later
     bliss