[sf-lug] directory tree organization question

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:08:21 PST 2011

I guess it depends upon how interrelated the subdirectories are.  I tend to
live off of 4G usb sticks, so they are too small to hold all my files.  My
usb hard disk holds copies of everything, and I move the active
subdirectories onto a 4G stick.  That means, I'd prefer the OLD buried
within the primary so I have everything related together, since my primary
subdirectories are not necessarily related.  Of couse, at one point I went
font crazy, and wound up putting the fonts on a CDROM, with links to it from
my font directories -- so I can see cases where you'd want all the old stuff
together.