[sf-lug] Getting a new email address

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Mon Mar 7 16:42:03 PST 2011

On 03/07/2011 04:26 PM, jim wrote:
>      Mainly it's just me monitoring the sf-lug mailing list.
>      Rick sometime back made an excellent point regarding
> whether an administrator should add people to the roster,
> at least as i recall: no, don't do it because if the
> administrators make a typing mistake, there's no easy way
> for them to determine that.
>      make the users add their email accounts to the roster:
> if they make typing mistakes, they're likely to notice it
> after a while because they won't be getting list mail.
>
>      assuming the above is correct in any meaningful ways,
> please, bobbie, click the link and sign up with your new
> email address.
>

> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 16:06 -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
>> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss at sfo.com):
>>
>>> Hi LUGs,
>>>      Seems that Google which supplies the service
>>> to DSLExtreme, my new ISP,  is very weak.
>>>      It gets upset by POP and refuses to deal.
>>>      Since the IMAP cannot delete the downloaded
>>> messages I want to use POP.
>>>
>>>      Until it seems more stable I will keep
>>> the sfo.com address but if anyone wants to
>>> add the new address to the contact list it is
>>> *bliss-sf4ever at DSLExtreme.com.
>> Bobbie --
>>
>> By 'the contact list', do you mean the subscriber roster of SF-LUG's
>> mailing list?
>>
>> Mailing lists on the Internet are overwhelmingly self-service.
>> Fortunately, it's really easy:  In this case, just go to
>> http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/sf-lug and subscribe it.
>>
>> (I am not an administrator for this mailing list, just to clarify.)

     You guys miss the point entirely.

     Right now the damnable Google email service is not
accepting my uid or password.  It says this is perfectly
normal but I don't want anyone sending to that address
before it is working properly.
     Some systems will not accept mail that comes from
an address that is not in the contact list.

     So no I am not changing the list address until the
google lets me access my mail by POP.

     Take care.
     bliss