[sf-lug] python-docx -- a utility for dealing with the docx format

John Magolske b79net at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 11:27:27 PST 2011

To read the text of ms-word docs, in the past I've used antiword. But
that doesn't handle the increasingly common docx format. I understand
libreoffice can deal with docx, but I don't want to install that
large-ish package on my machine...and typically I just use Vim for
reading & writing text. So, I was happy to come across python-docx:

  https://github.com/mikemaccana/python-docx

A nice command-line utility that not only reads the docx format, but
can create docx documents as well. I've been using it for a while,
seems like a actively maintained project.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact