[sf-lug] [Fwd: Senators attacking Net-Neutrality]

jim jim at systemateka.com
Fri Feb 18 12:48:52 PST 2011

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Bobbie Sellers <bliss at sfo.com>
To: jim <jim at well.com>
Subject: Senators attacking Net-Neutrality
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:17:59 -0800

Dear Friend,

Senators in Congress are pushing a “Resolution of Disapproval” that
would strip the FCC of its authority to safeguard our free speech rights
online… at a time when phone and cable giants are moving to block our
ability to connect with others and share information.

If their resolution passes, the FCC would not just be barred from
enforcing its existing—and already weakened—Net Neutrality rule, but
also from acting in any way to protect Internet users against abuses
from the likes of AT&T, Comcast and Verizon.

Take action here:

http://act2.freepress.net/sign/resolution_of_disapproval/?source=conf

Thanks,

later