[sf-lug] CLS?

george pope gpope111 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:40:18 PST 2011

Hi everyone

I hadn't planned to go to  CLS meeting tomorrow but may have to change
plans on your recommendation.

An American friend has money for about 35 XOs for her remedial school
for 350 students lacking money for government schools in Accra.

I've been fumbling here because of the 100 unite requirement (pallet
sized shipment?). I may have to go to work raising money for the
remainder of a whole pallet shipment. I can find homes for the other
65 units.There are 3 pilot projects about 65 from 3 years. 100 units
would bring the number olpc schools in Ghana up to 6 with 2 outside of
Accra suburbs. The one in Accra Kanda Primary #5 has been floundering
when their server went down for a half year and the others probably
the same.

Need to describe the  educational package costs and all. Mark Battley
just sent me a very good sketch of this. I'll ask him to post this to
OLPC SF. Mark has experience with this and is inclined toward
programmed slower starts.

Internet is needed in all schools. Should try to add costs for an
expert XO trained volunteer(s) ideally for a semester in Ghana

Looks like CLS might be good for this? I have assumed that should to
contact either a funds raiser consultant or grant application writer.
If CLS tomorrow would be a good place to start looking for these?

george pope
650 430 4671