[sf-lug] (forw) Re: todays meeting at enchanted cafe

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 3 09:58:12 PST 2011

Forwarding back to the public discussion.

----- Forwarded message from Bobbie Sellers <bliss at sfo.com> -----

Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 08:29:11 -0800
From: Bobbie Sellers <bliss at sfo.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [sf-lug] todays meeting at enchanted cafe

On 01/03/2011 12:36 AM, Rick Moen wrote:

> If you just use the chown/chgrp commands, you can fix UID and GID
> changes really easily.
    I have problems with the grammar of the commands.
    In other words I don't get it.  I prefer to work through the gui
tools because
though I may have to go around the barn to get the job done, the job
gets done,

    And it may be that most people use their computers in ways at
right angles
to the way you use computers,  Vital files and data for you may be something
completely different.  I will try to look at your intformation later
but with
the bad video driver even typing this little note is torment(due to
slow response
in several ways).

    later
    Bobbie