[sf-lug] Meeting Monday evening 15 November

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Tue Nov 16 08:17:53 PST 2010

     I got here first about 5:45 then Jim Stockford,
     Christian, Grant, followed by Mikki
and Bill Hill, then Eric. by 1852.

     Christian is looking for more community
activity.  Benefit scheduled for 15 December.
     He had to leave early.

Mikki has a problem with her netbook as she
wants to boot an external CD/DVD reader
and it is not easy to reset the BIOS.  As
a matter of fact it is impossible to reset that
BIOS it appears.
     Grant solved this problem with a small
program and a script as he writes about in
his post.

Bill wants to play commercial DVDs on his
external drive reader.  He worked on it for
nearly an hour but unfortunately he did
not get to test whether or not his solutions
from the
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats >

     actually worked for him as he had no commercial movie
DVD to test it with..  I had dug this up earlier for someone
else and found it for Bill.

     Meeting broke up about 2000 and with a ride from
Jim I was home by 2030, Jim took Eric and Grant to
their destinations or connection points after that.

     Altogether this was the best meeting in months.
     Wish you could have made it
     Next meetings at Cafe Enchante will be on Dec 5th
and 20th.

     later
     bliss