[sf-lug] X.org Keyboard Problems in Ubuntu (several versions)

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 2 16:18:34 PDT 2010

I have had one machine with more problems than others with the
keyboard "Ctrl" key getting stuck down.  It may relate to this bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/124406 At least two other
friends of mine have also seen this issue.  Some people report that
switching to kernel-provided virtual terminals and switching back
helps, but not on my main laptop, at least not all the time.

Related bugs I have encountered had similar problems using Zephyr, a
nested X server trying to get the Sugar packages over to Ubuntu.  The
problem triggered a deep X bug that may be getting more triggers or it
may be some similar bugs that are unrelated.

What are other people's experience with this?

Grant Bowman