[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting Monday...

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Fri Oct 15 11:15:53 PDT 2010

     Well the next meeting of SF-LUG will be Monday 18 October
from 6-8 PM (nominally) at Cafe Enchante 26th and Geary Boulevard
in San Francisco.

     Jim Stockford has written that he will be bringing along the
remaining free book(s).

     I have decided to skip bringing my laptop computer but
for the use of people without a CD/DVD drive in their computers
I will bring along my external USB CD/DVD drive.  That this
would be valuable became quite apparent after the last
meeting when the USB flash drive with Knoppix failed to
provide a stable install onto Anthony's new machine.

     I hope that anyone who wishes to use this will find
out earlier how to access their BIOS so that it won't be
a hassle to set the machine to boot from the external
USB drive.
     I will try to bring along the latest Linux Pro
and the latest Linux Journal which I can get from
the news stand.

     Hope to see you at the Cafe Enchante this
Monday evening.

     later
     Bobbie Sellers