[sf-lug] Monday night books and promo stuff

jim jim at systemateka.com
Sun Sep 19 11:41:04 PDT 2010

   Re tomorrow night's meeting at the Cafe Enchante
(6 PM to 8 PM)...

   SF-LUG now has a sign to display at whatever
tables we use at our Cafe Enchante meetings (we
might even be able to leave it somewhere during
the week to promote local interest).
   SF-LUG now has bookmarks that have the image
of the penguin on the transamerica building on
one side and essential meeting and web site
information on the other. The idea is to spread
these around town, in the library, in bookstores,
other places where people might want bookmarks.
   Both ideas came from Bobbie Sellers, and
bless you a lot, Bobbie, for the ideas and the
work you put into making them.

   Also, when I show up tomorrow night, I think
I'll be able to remember to bring those pierce
publishing books for give-aways:
* The Official Ubuntu Server Book, by Kyle Rankin
  and Benjamin Mako Hill, Prentice Hall
* The Official Ubuntu Book, by Benjamin Mako Hill,
  Matthew Helmke, Corey Burger, Prentice Hall
* The Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook,
  by Evi Nemeth, et als, Prentice Hall